Amazing Diet

How I plan to shed 20 kilos and back into shape

Thursday, April 28, 2005

South Beach Diet Day 3

I had my first lapse with only 3 days into the diet. My girlfriend came over for dinner last night and she brought over a bottle of red wine. I made chicken with a tomato sauce and lots of brocolli. I am going on holidays from next week so, I might lapse into phase 2 before I have even complete phase 1. At least when I am holiday I will be able to do a bit more exercise than usual.

I am getting use to the diet a little more now, and don't even think of eating bread or rice. I know I will be able to ease them back into my diet a little later, but in some ways it is easier to think that I will almost never eat these foods again.

One of the most important things about the diet is eating foods that have a low Glycemic Index. There is a lot of good information here about the Glycemic Index.

Basically the lower the index, the lower the food releases sugar into the blood. Eating foods with a low index will give you a feeling of fullness longer.

2 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike-
It's great to hear a male's perspective on dieting. Good luck to you on your weight loss goals!! You can do it!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home